5. The SFRS is to contribute to the achievement of the Scottish Ministers’ objectives and priorities by aligning its aims and objectives with the National Performance Framework, Scotland’s Economic Strategy, Strategy for Justice in Scotland and the Programme for Government.
6. The SFRS’s statutory duties are set out in the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 ("the 2005 Act"), as amended by the Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012, as well as the Fire (Additional Function) (Scotland) Order 2005 ("the 2005 Order").
- The main purpose of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is to work in partnership with communities and with others in the public, private and third sectors, on prevention, protection and response, to improve the safety and wellbeing of people throughout Scotland.
7. The Strategy for Justice in Scotland places the SFRS firmly within the wider family of organisations who work to keep our communities safe and to administer justice in its various forms. The SFRS should seek to build on existing partnership and forge new ones, coming together with other justice public bodies to engage jointly with the SG on strategic issues, including the scope for improving efficiency across the sector.
8. The National Performance Framework and Strategy for Justice in Scotland also underpin the Fire and Rescue Framework for Scotland 2022, which sets out Scottish Ministers’ strategic priorities and ambitions for the SFRS.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback