The Programme for Government is published every year at the beginning of September and sets out the actions we will take in the coming year and beyond.
It includes the legislative programme for the next parliamentary year.
Programme for Government 2023 to 2024
First Minister Humza Yousaf announced his first Programme for Government on 5 September 2023.
Equality, Opportunity, Community: Our Programme for Government builds on the First Minister’s policy prospectus published in April 2023, which set out his national missions on equality, opportunity and community.
- follow our #ScotPfg updates on Twitter
Fourteen bills are set to be introduced during the 2023 to 2024 parliamentary year:
- Budget (No. 3)
- Cladding Remediation
- Electoral Reform
- Gender Representation on Public Boards Remedial Action
- Human Rights
- Judicial Factors
- Land Reform
- Scottish Aggregates Tax
- Scottish Languages
- Social Security (Amendment)
Scottish Government Bills in Parliament
- Bankruptcy and Diligence
- Children (Care and Justice)
- Circular Economy
- National Care Service
- Patient Safety Commissioner for Scotland
- Police (Ethics, Conduct and Scrutiny)
- Regulation of Legal Services
- Trusts and Succession
- Victims, Witnesses, and Justice Reform
- Visitor Levy
- Wildlife Management and Muirburn
Watch a video explaining what the Programme for Government is.
Previous Programme for Government documents
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback