1. Outcome 1 originally also reflected issues in relation to teenage pregnancy. The Scottish Government's new Teenage Pregnancy and Young Parent Strategy, will be published in early 2016, and this will address this high level outcome, however unintended pregnancies in older women remains an issue relevant to the Framework, and so this has been retained within this Outcome.
2. Sexual Health and Wellbeing Survey: Main findings http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/11/1876/0
3. Changing Scotland's Relationship With Alcohol, http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/03/04144703/0
4. The Road to Recovery, http://www.gov.scot/Publications /2008/05/22161610/0
5. National Drug Related Deaths Database Report 2013
13. Martin S, Hilton S, McDaid LM. United Kingdom newsprint media reporting on sexual health and blood-borne viruses in 2010. Sexual Health 2013;10:546-552
14. Purcell C, Hilton S, McDaid LM. The stigmatisation of abortion: a qualitative analysis of print media in Great Britain in 2010. Culture, Health & Sexuality 2014;16:1141-55
15. Martin S, McDaid LM, Hilton S. Double-standards in reporting of risk and responsibility for sexual health: a qualitative content analysis of negatively toned UK newsprint articles. BMC Public Health 2014;14:792/
16. Sexual Health and Wellbeing Survey: Main findings, http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/11/1876/0
18. Cameron S, Glasier A, Johnstone A. Shifting abortion care from hospital to a community sexual and reproductive health care setting. Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care (submitted March 2015)
19. Access to and Experience of Later Abortion: Accounts from Women in Scotland by Carrie Purcell, Sharon Cameron, Lucy Caird, Gillian Flett, George Laird, Catriona Melville and Lisa M. McDaid http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/46e1214.html
22. An important document is the Scottish Government's Action Plan on Child Sexual Exploitation: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0046/00463120.pdf
23. The KCI was introduced in March 2008 by NHS Healthcare Improvement Scotland and states that 70% of women seeking a termination should undergo the procedure at less than 9 weeks (under 63 days) gestation
27. Marston C, Lewis R. Anal heterosex among young people and implications for health promotion: a qualitative study in the UK. BMJ Open 2014
29. http://www.sexualhealthnetwork.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2014-05-23-01.38.46-PM-Lanarkshire-SMMaSH-Survey-Report-2013-For-Circulation.pdf and http://www.sexualhealthnetwork.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SMMaSH-Qualitative-Report-Final-For-Circulation1.pdf
31. Wallace LA, Li J, McDaid LM (2014) HIV Prevalence and Undiagnosed Infection among a Community Sample of Gay and Bisexual Men in Scotland, 2005-2011: Implications for HIV Testing Policy and Prevention. PLoS ONE 9(3): e90805. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0090805
35. House of Lords Select Committee on HIV and AIDS, 1st Report of Session 2010-12: No vaccine, no cure: HIV and AIDS in the United Kingdom
39. HIV infection and AIDS: Quarterly report to 31 December 2014 http://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/ewr/subjectsummary.aspx?subjectid=27
40. Wallace LA, Li J, McDaid LM (2014) HIV Prevalence and Undiagnosed Infection among a Community Sample of Gay and Bisexual Men in Scotland, 2005-2011: Implications for HIV Testing Policy and Prevention. PLoS ONE 9(3): e90805. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0090805
41. For example, see: Young I, Flowers P, McDaid L. Barriers to uptake and use of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) amongst communities most affected by HIV in the UK: findings from a qualitative study in Scotland. BMJ Open 2014; 4:e005717.
45. Give Stigma the Index Finger -Scotland report 2009, International Planned Parenthood Federation 2009.
47. Taylor et al, Hepatitis C Prevalence and Incidence among Scottish Prisoners and Staff Views of its Management: Final Report, University of West of Scotland & University of Bristol & NHS Health Scotland, May 2012
51. Hope et al, Prevalence of, and risk factors for, HIV, hepatitis B and C infections among men who inject image and performance enhancing drugs: a cross sectional study, BMJ Open, 2013
53. Est. 37,000 (20,000 diagnosed and 17,000 undiagnosed)
54. Innes H, Goldberg D, Dillon J, Hutchinson SJ. Strategies for the treatment of Hepatitis C in an era of interferon-free therapies: what public health outcomes do we value most? Gut. 2014 Nov 6.
55. These are all-Scotland targets; for NHS Boards targets will be set according to population based criteria.
56. Hutchinson SJ, Dillon JF, Fox R, McDonald SA, Innes HA, Weir A, McLeod A, Aspinall EJ, Palmateer NE, Taylor A, Munro A, Valerio H, Brown G, Goldberg DJ. Expansion of HCV treatment access to people who have injected drugs through effective translation of research into public health policy: Scotland's experience. Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Jun 6
Email: Lynsey Macdonald
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback