Sex offender community disclosure scheme: overview

How to apply to the police for information if you have concerns about someone's access to a child.

Can I Apply for Community Disclosure?

You can apply if:

  • you are the parent, carer or guardian of the child involved in the enquiry;
  • you are concerned about a persons access to someone else's child.

Only the parent, guardian or carer can be given information under the scheme.

Regardless of where you live, or whether or not you are the child's parent, carer, if you have any concerns about a child's wellbeing, you should contact your local social work services or Police Scotland as soon as possible.


Back to top