Scottish salmon and sea trout fishery statistics 2022
Summary of the salmon and sea trout fishery catch statistics updated for the 2022 season.
Summary - Salmon
Overall, the number of Atlantic salmon caught by Scottish fisheries in 2022 was greater than the previous year.
- The total reported rod catch of wild salmon for 2022 is 42,204, the fourth lowest since 1952. This is an increase of 16% compared to 2021, and 96% of the previous five-year average.
- Catch and release in 2022 accounted for 97% of the total rod catch and 99% of the rod caught spring multi sea-winter fish (taken before 1 May).
- Reported spring catch in 2022 increased by 52% on the coronavirus (COVID-19) affected 2021 season and was 122% of the previous five-year average.
- Reported retained catch for the net fisheries was among the lowest recorded since 1952. Released net caught fish were reported for the first time in 2021.
- A total of 17 fish were reported as being of farmed origin, representing 0.04% of the total Scottish catch, by all methods, in 2022.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback