Upper Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Dysphagia - food sticking on swallowing (any age).
- Dyspepsia at any age combined with one or more of the following 'alarm' symptoms:
- Weight loss.
- Proven anaemia.
- Dyspepsia >55 yrs with at least one 'high risk' feature:
- Onset of dyspepsia less than one year ago.
- Continuous symptoms since onset.
- Dyspepsia combined with at least one risk factor:
- Family history of Upper GI cancer in more than two first degree relatives.
- Family history of colorectal cancer (familial adenomatous polyposis, hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer).
- Barrett's oesophagus.
- Pernicious anaemia.
- Peptic ulcer surgery over 20 years ago.
- Known dysplasia, atrophic gastritis, intestinal metaplasia.
- Upper abdominal mass.
- Back pain and weight loss.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback