1. The Information Services Division (ISD) is part of National Services Scotland. ISD provides health information, health intelligence, statistical services and advice that supports the NHS in progressing quality improvement in health and care. ISD role's in the inpatient survey is to analyse the national and local results and produce NHS Board and hospital level reports.
2. Healthcare Improvement Scotland's (HIS) vision is to deliver excellence in improving the quality of the care and experience of every person in Scotland every time they access healthcare. HIS provides support for NHS boards to use the experiences of their patients to improve healthcare services.
4. This total includes patients who are deceased. Patients who were known to be deceased were subsequently removed from samples before surveys were sent. The totals excludes NHS patients treated in private hospitals.
6. A total of 28,782 patients responded to the survey, however 73 of these respondents were treated within private hospitals. Core analysis is based on 28,709 patients treated within NHS hospital sites.
7. This table excludes the surveys sent to patients treated in private hospitals
8. A&E results are shown for the Western General in Edinburgh. Although it doesn't have an A&E it does have an acute receiving unit.
Email: Gregor Boyd
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback