Infographic text below:
Scottish Employer Perspectives Survey 2021
- Small employers with 2 to 4 employees make up 50% of establishments but employ a smaller percentage (8%) of the workforce.
- 19% of establishments that were at least 12 months old had increased their number of employees over the last year. 18% had seen a decrease.
- In the previous 12 months 52% of employers had at least one vacancy and 46% of employers recruited staff.
Equalities and Diversity
- 55% of employers with vacancies collect information from applicants to monitor equality and diversity.
- 3% of employers who are aware of Gender Pay Gap legislation have changed their recruitment practices in relation to equality and diversity.
Developing the Young Workforce
- 35% of employers had recruited an employee in their first job directly from education.
- The majority of employers find education leavers to be ‘well’ or ‘very well’ prepared: 68% school; 78% college; and 80% university.
- 59% of employers thought work experience is ‘critical’ or ‘significant’ when recruiting.
- And 8% of employers provided work placements to young people at school in the last 12 months.
- 8% offered work inspiration activities to students in the last 12 months.
Training and Apprenticeships
- 70% of employers had provided training to their staff in the last 12 months.
- 50% of employers were aware of Foundation Apprenticeships.
- 19% of employers offered apprenticeships
- And 12% currently have any staff undertaking apprenticeships at the site.
- 90% of employers offering apprenticeships offered these to young people aged under 25.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback