10.1.1 Public views and comments are invited on both this Environmental Report and the draft Scottish Forestry Strategy to which it relates. Details of how to respond are provided below.
When can I respond?
Respondents are asked to submit responses to this Environmental Report directly to the Scottish Government by closing date of 29 November 2018.
How can I respond?
Online: You can respond online using the Scottish Government's consultation platform, Consultation Hub, at: https://consult.gov.scot/forestry/scotlands-forestry-strategy-2019-29/
Consultation Hub allows you to save and return to your responses while the consultation is still open. A copy of your final response will be emailed to you.
By Email or Post: Responses can be submitted by email, with the Respondent Information Form (Appendix E) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Forestry Strategy Team, Silvan House 231 Corstorphine Road Edinburgh EH12 7AT
How will responses be considered?
Following the consultation, a Post-Adoption Statement will be prepared. The Statement will reflect on the views provided on the findings of the assessment and the proposals in the Consultation Paper and will explain how the issues raised have been taken into account in finalising the Strategy.
Consultation Questions on the Environmental Report
Respondents may find the following questions helpful to provide a focus for their responses to this Environmental Report. Please note that responses do not need to be limited to these questions, and more general comments on this Environmental Report and the proposals set out in the Consultation Paper are also invited.
1. What are your views on the evidence set out in the Environmental Report that has been used to inform the assessment process?
2. Should any additional evidence sources be used in the Environmental Report? Please provide details.
3. What are your views on the predicted environmental effects as set out in the Environmental Report?
4. Do you agree with the conclusions and recommendations set out in the Environmental Report?
5. Please provide any other further comments you have on the Environmental Report.