Scotland's Digital Future: High Level Operating Framework
Guidance and information for public sector organisations on the design principles, standards and specifications of the Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of Public Services strategy.
Annex B -Illustrative Organisational assessment criteria
- Are you sharing data with other Public Sector bodies (in or out)?
- Is your data sharing interactive or batch driven?
- Do you have succession planning for critical ICT roles?
- Do you have a structured career development for your ICT staff?
Common Business Services
- Do you support HR, Finance, and Procurement operations from a shared platform?
- Are your HR, Accounting or Procurement systems purchased through a central agreement?
- Do you have a SAAS model for obtaining these services?
- Do your employees use a common, shared office platform?
- Do you procure your applications on a per usage or per set basis ( SAAS)?
Security & Identity Management
- Do all your users access your systems using a logon ID that can be used across the public sector or by using an ID or multiple IDs that are local to you organisations?
- Do you carry out penetration testing on your applications annually?
- Do you have an external web site?
- Do you offer any services via your web site to external organisations or the public?
- Do you support logon credentials for members of the public; are they supportive of the citizen account?
Servers, Storage, CD & Cloud
- Are your servers hosted in your offices or in a shared data centre?
- What proportions of your servers are hosted on virtualised infrastructure?
- Do you have a rolling program of DR testing?
- Is your organisation using communications procured under shared Public Sector frameworks?
- Are all parts of your network accredited to a particular standard of CoCo?
- Do your offices and data centres have resilient communications links (i.e. multiple routes)?
- Do you offer video conferencing/ VOIP on your network?
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback