Main Points Figure: Number of Fair Start Scotland starts by quarter, from April 2018 to June 2022
- There were 4,642 referrals to Fair Start Scotland (FSS) in the most recent quarter (April – June 2022). This is 3% lower than the previous quarter and 11% lower than the same quarter in 2021. There were 3,185 starts on FSS in the most recent quarter, 0.1% lower than the previous quarter and 7% lower than the same quarter in 2021.
- Overall, there has been 72,260 referrals and 48,223 starts to FSS since its launch in April 2018. The number of starts includes 3,017 people who have previously received support on FSS – re-joining has been possible since April 2021.
- There were 1,090 job starts this quarter, 9% higher than the previous quarter but 27% lower than the same quarter in 2021. Overall, there has been 16,485 job starts since FSS launched.
- For those where enough time has passed in both pre-employment support and to measure job outcomes; 38% started a job, 27% have sustained employment for 3 months, 21% have sustained employment for 6 months and 15% have sustained for 12 months.
- Experimental statistics for No One Left Behind show a total of 21,936 people have started receiving support in the three year period from April 2019 to March 2022. The number of people starting support has increased each year; 2,766 in year 1, 5,202 in year 2 and 13,968 in year 3.
Scotland's Devolved Employment Services: Statistical Summary
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback