Scotland's careers strategy: moving forward
Strategy highlighting the role that career education, information, advice and guidance (CIAG) services in Scotland can play in helping to address future skills demands and deliver inclusive growth.
1. Taylor. M. (2017)Good Work: the Taylor review of modern working practices (July 2017) - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/good-work-the-taylor-review-of-modern-working-practices#history
2. Nedelkoska, L. and G. Quintini (2018), "Automation, skills use and training", OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers, No. 202, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/2e2f4eea-en.
3. Institute for Fiscal Studies (2018) Poverty and low pay in the UK: The state of play and the challenges ahead. London. Retrieved from: https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/11696
5. Musset, P. and L. Mytna Kurekova (2018), "Working it out: Career Guidance and Employer Engagement", OECD Education Working Papers, No. 175, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/51c9d18d-en.
6. Hughes, D., Mann, A., Barnes, S-A., Baldauf, B and R. McKeown (2016) Careers education: international literature review. London: Education Endowment Foundation. https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/evidence-summaries/evidence-reviews/careers-education/
8. Hughes, D. & Kashefpakdel, E. (2019) Innovation in career development: starting early in primary schools In Kobus, M. (Ed) The Handbook of Innovation in Careers Counselling, Springer 2019.
9. These are timeless, higher order skills that create adaptive learners and promote success in whatever context the future brings. These are the skills that enable individuals to perform highly today; in a changed world of work they will be required by all of us - https://www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk/media/44684/skills-40_a-skills-model.pdf p.8.
14. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2013/12/contents - and two Government Frameworks (Data Practice, Policy and Practice) &
16. Curriculum for Excellence - https://education.gov.scot/scottish-education-system/policy-for-scottish-education/policy-drivers/cfe-(building-from-the-statement-appendix-incl-btc1-5)/What%20is%20Curriculum%20for%20Excellence?
17. Developing the Young Workforce (2017 - 2018) Progress Report - https://www.gov.scot/publications/developing-young-workforce-fourth-annual-progress-report-2017-18/
18. European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (2012) Career Management Skills and Scotland’s Career Management Skills Framework (2012)
22. Ramsden, D. (2019) Personalising learning for health and well-being citizens as partners In Plant, H., & Ravenhall, M. (2019) Healthy, Wealthy and Wise: implications for workforce development, Learning & Work Institute, p. 27.
24. Hyung Joon Yoon, Natasha Bailey, Norman Amundson & Spencer Niles (2019) The effect of a career development programme based on the Hope-Action Theory: Hope to Work for refugees in British Columbia, British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 47:1, 6-19, DOI: 10.1080/03069885.2018.1544827
25. Rainer Strack , Susanne Dyrchs , Ádám Kotsis , and Stéphanie Mingardon (2017) How to Gain and Develop Digital Talent and Skills https://www.bcg.com/publications/2017/people-organization-technology-how-gain-develop-digital-talent-skills.aspx
27. Stutz, A. (2019) What enables and drives adults in work to learn new skills? A review of international literature, CfE and DMH Associates on behalf of NESTA’s Digital Forerunners Programme.
28. Op.cit. p. 6.
30. Stutz, A. (2019) What enables and drives adults in work to learn new skills? A review of international literature, CfE and DMH Associates on behalf of NESTA’s Digital Forerunners Programme.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback