Concerns about the creation of a new Commissioner
Some of the main things that worried people about the introduction of a Commissioner for Learning Disability, Autism and Neurodiversity are listed below:
- If Commissioners are created for certain groups this might mean too many Commissioners being created in the future.
- A Commission which only protects certain groups could not make sure that the rights of other groups are protected.
- A new Commissioner might not have all the powers they need because many laws on human rights and discrimination are decided by the UK Government.
- A new Commissioner should not do the same work as existing Commissioners.
- A new Commissioner should not take power away from existing Commissioners.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback