2. Potter, C. and Lobley, M. (1996), Unbroken Threads? Succession and its Effects on Family Farms in Britain. Sociologia Ruralis, 36: 286-306. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9523.1996.tb00023.x
3. ADAS 2004, Entry to and exit from farming in the UK: final report. Entry to and Exit from Farming in the United ... - ARCHIVE: Defra (yumpu.com)
4. Information on tenant farming http://www.tenantfarmingforum.org.uk/tff/pubs.aspx
5. Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 (legislation.gov.uk)
6. Review of Agricultural Holdings legislation Review of Agricultural Holdings Legislation (webarchive.org.uk)
7. Some applicants applied for multiple opportunities.
8. Informal discussions with land agents suggest that around 10-12 applications would be expected for formal tenancies when they become available (2022).
9. See: AECS on rural payments website Agri-Environment Climate Scheme (ruralpayments.org)
10. See rural payments website Young Farmers and New Entrants Start-Up Grant Schemes (ruralpayments.org)
11. See rural payments website New Entrants Capital Grant Scheme (ruralpayments.org)
12. Scottish Government (2022) provided access to the letter that stated: "This review will identify any opportunities for sitting tenants to buy or lease (on an MLDT) the farm or whether FLS will take it back in hand" adding from the new lease end date the "farm will no longer be regarded as a 'starter farm'".
13. "We will not be offering any new starter farm opportunities" accessed on 03/09/2022 Agriculture opportunities - Forestry and Land Scotland
14. Forestry body pulls plug on its 'Starter Farm' Programme 20/01/2022 Forestry body pulls plug on its 'Starter Farm' programme | The Scottish Farmer
15. Website for Scottish Land Matching Service Farmers | Scottish Land Matching Service (slms.scot)
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback