Appendix 5: Regional Annual Governance Process and Improvement
Framework for Cancer Care
- National cancer
associated national minimum core dataset and
measurability specifications, developed by
- Regional implementation of nationally agreed dataset
to enable reporting of
2. Data Analysis Stage:
Boards collect data and data is analysed on a yearly
basis using nationally agreed measurability criteria at
local/ regional level.
- Data/results validated by Boards and annual regional
comparative report produced by Regional Networks.
- Areas of best practice and variance across the region
- Yearly regional reports submitted to
collation and presentation in national report every 3
3. Regional Performance Review Stage:
review regional comparative report.
- Regional or local
Board action plans to address areas of variance
- Appropriate leads identified to progress each
- Action plans ratified by
4. Monitoring Stage:
- Where required,
Boards monitor progress with action plans and submit
progress reports to
review and monitor regional improvement.
5. Improvement Support Stage:
- Where required Healthcare Improvement Scotland maybe
requested to provide expertise to
improvement methodologies and support.
6. Escalation Stage:
- If progress not acceptable,
will escalate any issues to relevant Board Chief
Executives. If progress remains unacceptable
will escalate any relevant issues to Healthcare
*In the South and East of Scotland Cancer Network (
the Regional Cancer Planning Group is the equivalent group to
Regional Cancer Advisory Group (