1. Scottish Government (2008). Better Cancer Care: An Action Plan [online]. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/242498/0067458.pdf (accessed August 2013).
2. Scottish Government (2010). 'Healthcare Quality Strategy for NHSScotland [online]. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/311667/0098354.pdf (accessed August 2013).
3. Brouwers M, Kho ME, Browman GP, Burgers JS, Cluzeau F, Feder G, Fervers B, Graham ID, Grimshaw J, Hanna S, Littlejohns P, Makarski J, Zitzelsberger L for the AGREE Next Steps Consortium (2010). AGREE II: Advancing guideline development, reporting and evaluation in healthcare. Can Med Assoc J. 182(18), E839-E842 [online]. Available from: http://www.cmaj.ca/content/182/18/E839.full.pdf+html?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=brouwers&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&volume=182&issue=18&resourcetype=HWCIT%2520%2520%2520 (accessed August 2013).
4. Macmillan Cancer Support (2013). Cancer Information - Kidney Cancer [online]. Available from: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Kidney/Aboutkidneycancer/Typesofkidneycancer.aspx (accessed August 2013).
5. American Urological Association (2009). Guideline for management of the clinical stage 1 renal mass.
6. European Association of Urology (2014). Guideline on Renal Carcinoma [online]. Available from: http://uroweb.org/wp-content/uploads/10-Renal-Cell-Carcinoma_LR.pdf
7. Dutch Association of Comprehensive Cancer Centres (2007). Renal cell carcinoma (English version) [online]. Available from: http://www.oncoline.nl/index.php?pagina=/richtlijn/item/pagina.php&id=25849&richtlijn_id=544 (accessed August 2013).
8. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (2008). Management of Core Cancer Services Standards [online]. Available from:
9. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2002). Improving outcomes in urological cancers: The manual (guidance on cancer services) [online]. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/csg2/resources/improving-outcomes-in-urological-cancers-773372413 (accessed August 2013)
10. Martin P, et al (2011). External Validation of the Leibovich Prognosis Score for Non metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma at a Single European Center Applying Routine Pathology. The Journal of Urology ;186 (5): 1773 - 1778
11. Abouassaly R et al (2012). Volume-outcome relationships in the treatment of renal tumours. The Journal of Urology 187(6): 1984-8
12. Zargar H, et al (2015). Minimally invasive partial nephrectomy in the age of the 'trifecta'. British Journal of Urology International; 116(4): 505-6
13. Thompson AM, Stonebridge PA (2005). Building a framework for trust: critical event analysis of deaths in surgical care. BMJ. 330: 1139-42.
14. Heng. D et al (2013). External validation and comparison with other models of the International Metastatic Renal-Cell Carcinoma Database Consortium prognostic model: a population-based study. The Lancet Oncology. 2013; 14(2): 141-148. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4144042/# (Accessed April 2016)
15. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2009). Sunitinib for the first-line treatment of advanced and/or metastatic renal cell carcinoma ( TA169) [online]. Available from: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/TA178 (accessed August 2013).
16. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2011). Pazopanib for the first-line treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma ( TA215) [online]. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/Guidance/TA215 (accessed August 2013)
17. Scottish Medicines Consortium (2011). Pazopanib 200mg, SMC 676/11 [online]. Available from: http://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/files/advice/pazopanib_Votrient_FINAL_February_2011.doc_for_website.pdf (accessed August 2013).