1. As provided for by the Automated Registration of Title to Land (Electronic Communications) (Scotland) Order 2006 and subsequent Directions by the Keeper, ARTL commenced in July 2007 for Standard Securities and March 2008 for Dispositions and other deeds.
2. The amendments section 96 and schedule 3 of the 2012 Act make to the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995 to provide for electronic documents are not yet in force for those purposes (see SSI 2014/41). This also applies to testamentary trust disposition and settlements and to codicils.
3. Under section 9G(3) of the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.
4. Section 6A of the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995 inserted by section 222 of the Bankruptcy & Diligence etc. (Scotland) Act 2007, and regulation 7 of the Electronic Documents (Scotland) Regulations 2007 inserted by regulation 9 of the Land Register of Scotland (Automated Registration) etc. Regulations 2014.
5. Section 34(2) of the 2012 Act contains the enabling power