- The Third Sector refers to the voluntary sector
- NICE Socially complex pregnancies- http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG110
- CMACE- http://www.cemach.org.uk/
- Indirect means not directly related to the physiology of pregnancy- however, indirect causes have a clinical impact including, intrauterine growth restriction, low birth weight, premature birth, increased caesarean sections
- Respect and Responsibility- http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/sexualhealth/respect and http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/publications/r/publication_tcm4593481.asp?strReferringChannel=search&strReferringPageID=tcm:4-615801-64
- Curriculum for Excellence- http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/understandingthecurriculum/whatiscurriculumforexcellence/index.asp
- Dalgren and Whitehead (1991) Policies and strategies to promote social equity in health; Background document to World Health Organisation's - Strategy paper for Europe, Stockholm.
- Structural refers to the wider socioeconomic, cultural and environmental levels as shown in Dalgren and Whitehead's model.
- Equally Well- http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2008/06/09160103/0
- Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer, Scottish Government 2010 http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/11/12104010/0
- Reducing Antenatal Health Inequalities Guidance- NHS Boards- http://www.maternityservices.scot.nhs.uk/
- Maternal and Infant Nutrition Framework- www.maternityservices.scot.nhs.uk
- Fair Society , Healthy Lives Marmot Review Team- http://www.marmotreview.org/
- http://www.growingupinscotland.org.uk/, http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/Inequalities/inequalitiestaskforce
- Kitzman,H.J., Olds, D.L.,Cole,R.E. et al ( 2010) Enduring Effects of Prenatal and Infancy Home Visiting by Nurses on Maternal Life Course and Government Spending - Follow up of a Randomized Trial Among Children at Age 12. Arch Paediatric Adolescent Medicine. 2010;164 (5):419-424
- Guide to getting it right for every child- http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/childrensservices/girfec/programme-overview
- Securing Future Practice: Shaping the new medical workforce in Scotland: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2004/06/19454/38410
- Midwifery 2020: http://www.midwifery2020.org/
- The term maternity care staff is intended to apply to all NHS staff providing maternity care including external contractors such as General Practitioners, Community Pharmacists, Dentists, Optometrists etc.
- Known risk groups include, teenagers, women living in poverty, women misusing alcohol and/or illicit drugs, women in migrant, asylum or immigrant populations, women living with gender based violence, women with learning disabilities or mental health problems. NOTE these groups are not distinct from each other- many will intersect.
- Known risk groups include, teenagers, women living in poverty, women misusing alcohol and/or illicit drugs, women in migrant, asylum or immigrant populations, women experiencing gender based violence, women with learning disabilities or mental health problems. NOTE these groups are not always distinct from each other- many will intersect.
- WHO (1946) Definition of Health Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization as adopted by the International Health Conference,
- Ottawa Charter definition of health promotion www.who.int/hpr/NPH/docs/hp_glossary_en.pdf
- Winslow, C.E.A., (1920) The Untitled Fields of Public Health,, Science, n.s. 51, p.23
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback