Table 2: Offences in which a firearm was alleged to have been involved, Scotland, 2006-07 to 2015-16
Number & Percentage
|Type of Offence||2006-07||2007-08||2008-09||2009-10||2010-11||2011-12||2012-13 1||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||% change 14-15 to 15-16|
|Serious assault 3||19||37||15||19||12||7||6||5||2||4||n/r|
|Reckless conduct with firearms 4||291||294||235||196||135||119||71||91||82||59||-28|
|Firearms Act 1968 offences 5||196||153||126||89||86||73||32||48||25||32||28|
|Common assault 3,6,7||200||201||145||164||110||99||71||59||73||60||-18|
|Breach of the peace etc. 7,8||176||184||135||121||80||74||67||73||64||61||-5|
|Other crimes and offences||41||50||68||54||82||39||59||48||38||54||42|
1. As a result of a change in recording practices by Lothian and Borders Police, their data for 2012-13 are not directly comparable with previous years. For further information please see Note 4.6.6.
2. Includes Murder and Culpable homicide (common law). It excludes Causing death by dangerous driving, Causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs, Causing death by careless driving, Illegal driver involved in a fatal accident and Corporate homicide.
3. For the distinction between Serious assault and Common assault, please see Note 4.7.2.
4. A change in recording practices has affected the comparability of this category over time. For further information please see Note 4.6.4.
5. Possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, commit crime and cause fear of violence. Does not include miscellaneous firearm offences. These are presented separately in Table 16.
6. Common assault includes the offences of Common assault and Common assault of an emergency worker.
7. A change in recording practices has affected the comparability of this category over time. For further information please see Note 4.6.5.
8. Includes Breach of the peace and Threatening or abusive behaviour. Breach of the peace etc. also includes Offence of stalking, Offensive behaviour at football and Threatening communications (Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012). However these are not relevant to firearm offences.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback