Table 13: One year reconviction rates by index crime: 2010-11 cohort
|Index crime 2010-11||Total number (=100%)||Percentage reconvicted within 1 year for:|
|Any crime||Violent Crime||Sexual Crime3||Crimes of dishonesty||Criminal damage||Other||Serious violent crime||Serious crime|
|Serious assault and homicide||1,384||22||12||*||4||2||12||4||6|
|Crimes of indecency|
|Crimes of dishonesty|
|Theft (opening lockfast place)||333||49||15||*||30||4||25||3||7|
|Theft of motor vehicle||387||40||13||*||21||3||22||2||6|
|Malicious & reckless conduct||2,333||31||14||*||8||5||20||2||4|
|Handling offensive weapons6||2,087||30||11||*||9||3||20||3||6|
|Crimes against public justice7||1,208||32||9||1||10||2||23||1||5|
|Breach of peace||8,967||28||12||*||6||3||20||2||3|
1. All other tables in this bulletin are produced from the "persons proceeded against" datasource. This table has been constructed from a different datasource: the "offences relating to persons proceeded against" datasource. Some offenders are convicted for more than one offence and this information can only be obtained from the latter datasource. The row totals for the individual crimes will not necessarily equal the overall total in "Any crime".
2. A more detailed breakdown of the crimes for which the cohort are reconvicted are omitted from the bulletin for clarity. They are included in the additional datasets which accompany this bulletin.
3. Sexual Crime includes Sexual assault and Other indecency. Sexual Crime excludes offences associated with prostitution.
4. Sexual Assault includes: Rape; Attempted rape; Contact sexual assault (13-15 yr. old or adult 16+); Sexually coercive conduct (13-15 yr. old or adult 16+); Sexual offences against children under 13 years; and Lewd and libidinous practices. Other Indecency includes: Other sexually coercive conduct; Other sexual offences involving 13-15 year old children; Taking, distribution, possession etc. of indecent photos of children; Incest; Unnatural Crimes; Public indecency; Sexual exposure; and Other sexual offences. These are the notifiable crimes for an offender who has been placed on the sex offenders register. The definitions are aligned with the publications: Criminal Proceedings in Scotland 2011-12; and Recorded Crime in Scotland 2012-13.
5. Offences associated with prostitution including: Procuration (excluding homosexual acts); Brothel keeping; Immoral traffic; Offences related to prostitution; Procuration of homosexual acts; Procuration of sexual services from children under 18; and Soliciting services of a person engaged in prostitution.
6. Handling offensive weapons includes: in possession of an offensive weapon; having in a public place an article with a blade or point, and restriction of weapons.
7. Breach of sexual offender order and breach of sexual harm order are included in Crimes against public justice.
Email: Howard Hooper
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback