Appendix 1: Topic guide for focus group - Managers
- What are the key changes that have been introduced to the School Nursing Role?
- What do you think was the rationale for implementing the priority areas?
- What strategies or activities were put in place before the priority areas were introduced? (prompt to find out more about CPD and details about the training programme)
- Could you tell me how the priority areas were implemented?
- How is the refocused school nursing role incorporating individual or community assets and strength-based way of working?
- What specific plans/structures have been put in place to ensure that school nurses improve their knowledge and awareness of community assets and referral pathways?
- In what ways are you ensuring that school nurses are visible and accessible to school children, young people, their families and partner agencies?
- In what ways are school nurses contributing to multiagency support for keeping children safe?
- In what ways are you equipping school nurses to identify risks in children, young people and their families early and provide appropriate support?
- How was it envisaged that the changes would make things
- School nurses and the wider school nursing team?
- Children and families?
- What do you think are the gaps in school nursing education and how can this be addressed?
- In your opinion, what are the key benefits of this refocused school nursing role?
- What were you expecting to achieve in the short, medium and long term?
- In your opinion, what have been the key challenges of implementing the priority areas?
- What might need to be in place to improve the school nursing role further?
Email: Gillian Overton, Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House