4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount
(see Table 4)
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector in June 2022 was 55,100. This was 640 (-1.2%) lower than in June 2021.
The reserved public sector employment includes:
- Reserved Civil Service
- Armed Forces
- Other Public Sector (which covers Public Sector Financial Institutions, Non-Departmental Bodies and Other Bodies)
Chart 4 shows the size of each group in the reserved public sector as at June 2022. The reserved civil service employs the largest proportion of employees in the reserved public sector.
Note: Totals may not equal the sum of the individual parts due to rounding.
Source: Public Sector Employment in Scotland, Quarter 2 2022
The decrease over the year in the overall reserved public sector headcount was due to (changes are given from June 2021 to June 2022):
- employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service decreasing by 1,010 (-4.0%) to 24,300
- employment levels for the Armed Forces increased by 330 (3.3%) to 10,500
- employment levels for Other Public Sector increased by 40 (0.2%) to 20,300
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback