Summary of Consultation Questions
Do you support the proposals that:
1. the distance from hospital buildings which will form the perimeter of the no-smoking area outside a hospital building should be 15 metres;
2. the perimeter should be measured from the outside wall of a building and include all land or area under any canopy or overhang even where those extend beyond 15 metres;
3. the wording and dimensions of no smoking notices should be as described at question three of this consultation;
4. no specific hospital or type of hospital should be exempted from the definition of “hospital” in the Act;
5. no smoking areas will only apply to buildings used wholly or partly as a hospital;
6. public footpaths, cycle paths and footways should be considered hospital grounds for the purposes of establishing no-smoking areas outside the doorways of hospital buildings, and that the size of the grounds would extend up to 15 metres from the centre of doorways;
7. the use of NVPs should be allowed as an alternative to smoking on hospital grounds but not within the no-smoking area outside hospital buildings?
In addition, we ask you to consider any potentially positive or negative impacts these proposals may have on equalities for people in Scotland.