- Bullying and harassment in the workplace is becoming more widely recognised as a significant issue for employers. It impacts on the effectiveness of the organisation and the well-being of staff. This policy seeks to demonstrate that by implementing a planned strategy, it is possible to work effectively towards dealing with bullying and harassment in the NHS.
- This ' Preventing and Dealing with Bullying and Harassment NHSScotland' PIN Policy is only one step in the journey towards NHSScotland becoming a 'Dignified Workplace', as many other activities will be required to effect genuine culture change.
- We want to encourage a 'performance culture' in which employees are clear about the need to deliver results and where managers are clear about the boundaries between effective management and inappropriate behaviour.
- Where any employee feels they have been subjected to inappropriate behaviour, we want to create a culture where that behaviour may be investigated and dealt with swiftly.
- Formal processes should be a last resort for dealing with dignity at work issues within NHSScotland. Within a 'Dignified Workplace', disputes will be resolved through dialogue in a safe and mutually inclusive environment.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback