This section gives information on how to access statistics relating to Population and Migration in Scotland. Information is obtained from National Records of Scotland (NRS), who provide statistical information on Scotland's population, households and vital event statistics such as births, deaths and marriages. NRS also release statistics on the Scotland's Census website.
This section provides a summary of the main statistics from NRS.
- Top baby names in Scotland
- Births in Scotland
- Leading causes of death in Scotland
- Population of Scotland
- Population projections for Scotland
- Scotland's net migration
- Life expectancy in Scotland
- Households in Scotland
- All statistics that we produce