- 1 Mar 2019
Pecos Content Manager (PCM) is an electronic catalogue management solution for the public sector in Scotland.
The PCM tool replaced the Catalogue Content Management (CCM) system in November 2018 and allows users to create, validate, approve, receive and share electronic catalogues.
Key functionality includes:
- content validation and approval workflow with full audit trail
- ability to export catalog files in an output format compliant for P2P and finance systems for example, PECOS, CIVICA and Parabilis
- reporting and archiving
Buyers should consider PCM during the invitation to tender stage by specifying in the instructions to tenderers that the successful supplier should be prepared to work with the buying organisation to create, validate and publish a catalogue list of items where applicable.
Buyers benefits of PCM
- encourages compliance to contracts
- enables application of consistent and efficient business processes
- interfaces to PECOS
- allows a sub-set of items from a catalogue to be selected into a tailored selection based on ends user business
- facilitates more robust purchase to pay proceses
- reduces maverick spend
- build a catalogue once and use many times
- ensures order accuracy and prevents invoice mis-matching
- coverage - open to all public sector bodies
- enhancing collaboration through a standardised approach
PCM is offered as part of the eCommerce shared service and is available for use by all public sector organisations, regardless of what systems they have in place. As a public body, you can register your interest in using PCM by contacting the PCM mailbox (see contact details below for more information).
If you are a public sector buying organisation and would like information in relation to training requirements, please contact the Scottish Government eCommerce team at the email address below who will advise you on the most appropriate point of contact to take this forward.
There is a suite of online training material available to support all learning aspects of PCM for public sector bodies as well as a variety of useful step by step videos which will assist users with all key functionality in PCM. To request these videos, please contact the mailbox below and ask for an account to be created on Objective Connect.
If you have any queries in relation to the PCM tool and would like to discuss this further, as a public sector organisation or a supplier, please send a message with a brief summary of your query to the following mailbox and a member of the team will respond as soon as possible.