Section 08: Acknowledgements
In the process of developing this guide, we have benefited from the support and input of many people and organisations for which we are very grateful. In particular, we want to thank Juliet Robertson, Creative Star, who has been incredibly generous with her time and made resources available to us. Others have also supported this work through advice on the text, notably Alison Motion, Grounds for Learning; Sally York, Forestry Commission; Sharon Cunningham, Scottish Natural Heritage; and Penny Martin, Scottish Natural Heritage.
We are grateful to those nurseries listed below that allowed us to use their settings to illustrate examples of good practice or for photographs to show outdoor play-based learning in action.
- Auchlone Nature Kindergarten
- Children's Woods
- City of Edinburgh Council Forest Kindergarten
- Evergreen Outdoor Nursery
- Greenbank Woodland Play
- Little Seeds Woodland Nursery
- Muddy Buddies outdoor partnership
- Parkhead Community Nursery
- Secret Garden Outdoor Nursery
- Stramash Outdoor Nurseries
- Summerlings /Sheiling Project
- Welly Wanderers outdoor partnership
- Woodland Outdoor Kindergarten.
Photographs are by Malcolm Cochrane, Lynn Henni, Jess Greenhill and Nick McGowan-Love.
We would also like to thank the local authorities working in partnership with Inspiring Scotland for their time in offering comment. These are:
- Argyll & Bute Council
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Glasgow City Council
- Highland Council
- Midlothian Council
- North Lanarkshire Council
- South Ayrshire Council and
- West Lothian Council