Annex F: Data Report - Extract
The full data report is available on request.
For ED 4-hour standard the data definitions remain the same as in the pre-Pathfinder period. Comparative data utilised is from 1 December (Go-Live). Scottish data is given for comparison with individual board data. Statistical Process Control (SPC) chart data is available for all described data and for all boards. Further data is necessary for the ongoing analysis of specific metrics. Monthly summaries may show slight variation in table baseline numbers reflecting the increased number of data points available for analysis. The role of digital consultations including 'Near Me' in relation to RUCP currently being reviewed.
Data challenges: GP in hours data is not routinely available which limits fuller analysis. There is an urgent need to improve data quality in relation to the FNC's to better understand their role and provide automated reports as part of ongoing data monitoring and evaluation. In addition to improving disposition coding and time stamps, there is a need to reconcile the large difference between the NHS 24 111 recorded FNC activity and the currently available data from the board related FNC IT systems. An FNC process map covering the full patient journey is in development.
14 Board level summary: See tables for individual board summary data (slides 7-11), which compares data from Sep/Oct 2020 baseline and Go-Live. Summary below relates to Sep/Oct baseline.
- NHS 24 Mon-Fri all contacts: 11 boards have shown increased activity, with 1 remaining stable and 2 showing a decrease. Most of the increase has occurred in relation to NHS 24 in hours, as shown by 10/14 boards showing an increase (4 remaining board activity remained stable).
- NHS 24 Sat-Sun: Activity remains stable for 8 boards, 2 boards show an increase and 4 a decrease in activity.
- GPOOH Mon-Fri: remains stable for 7/14 boards, 4 boards show an increase and 3 a decrease in activity.
- GP OOH Sat-Sun: activity remains stable for 11/14 boards, 2 boards show an increase and 1 board a decrease in activity.
- SAS attended: activity remains stable in 5/14 boards, 8 show a decrease in activity and one board an increase.
- SAS conveyed: activity is decreased in 8/14 boards, 1 shows an increase and 5 remain stable.
- ED Attendances: 14/14 boards show a reduction in attendances.
- ED Self-presenters: 14/14 boards show a reduction in self-presenters
- ED Performance: Performance decreased in 8/14 boards, 3 boards remain stable and 3 show an increase.
- Emergency Admissions Mon-Fri: 12/14 boards show decrease, 1 an increase and 1 stable.