1. Their comments suggest that a number of the remaining Individual respondents may also be private landlords although they did not make a clear statement to that effect.
2. Community organising is the process of building an individual or communities’ skills, tools and agency to be able to assert their rights and tackle the social injustices affecting them.
3. It is a requirement of Short-term let (STL) licencing that consent is provided from owners where tenants wish to sublet as a STL. Tenants operating a STL without a licence would be committing an offence and liable to a fine currently not exceeding £2,500 and which is due to be increased during the term of the current parliament.
4. This proposal was part of the consultation on Prevention of Homelessness Duties, which ended in April. An analysis of consultation responses is due to be published in September 2022.
5. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/prevention-homelessness-duties-joint-scottish-government-cosla-consultation/
6. There were a small number of very detailed responses, including from an organising working to raise awareness around violence against women and girls and to improve services for those affected, including people affected by commercial sexual exploitation.
7. It should be noted that some respondents may have understood that the revised adjudication process would only result in the current rent being maintained or reduced, rather than the proposed rent increase being maintained or reduced. Clarity on this point was requested.
8. The Licensing Order and Control Area Amendment Regulations were approved by the Scottish Parliament on 19 January 2022 and came into force on 1 March 2022. Further information can be found on the Scottish Government’s website.
9. Registers of Scotland is the Scottish Government’s IT partner for the Scottish Landlord Register. Local authorities are responsible for the administration of landlord registration to address known data quality issues, for example duplicate records and imported data errors from previous system.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback