1. Scottish Health Survey 2014
2. Source: Information Services Division.
3. ISD Workforce Numbers: Published December 2015
4. Everyone Matters, The Scottish Government, June 2013
5. The Shape of Training Review: Securing the future of Excellent Patient Care: Review group led by Prof David Greenaway
6. National Statistics, Rural Scotland Key Facts 2015
7. Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: Protecting Resources, promoting value: A Doctor's guide to cutting waste in clinical care. November 2014
8. Based on IHI's Rules for Radical Redesign of Healthservices: Institute for Healthcare Improvement 2105.
9. Integrating health and social care in Torbay: Improving care for Mrs Smith; The King's Fund
10. Mental Health Strategy for Scotland 2012-15
11. Imison, C., Sonola, L, Honeyman, M., Ross, S. The reconfiguration of clinical services, what is the evidence? The King's Fund, November 2014
12. IHI: Rules for Radical Redesign of Healthcare
13. Earnshaw et al: 2012
14. Royal College of Surgeons: 2013
15. Crawford R, Greenberg D, 2012. Improvements in survival of gynaecological cancer in the Anglia region of England: are these an effect of centralisation of care and use of multidisciplinary management?. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 119(2):160-5.
16. Chan DS, Reid TD, Whit C et al, 2013. Influence of a regional centralised upper gastrointestinal cancer service model on patient safety & quality of care
17. Scottish Arthroplasty Project: Biennial Report 2014: ISD published August 2014
18. Quality Framework for Vascular Services in Scotland, Scottish Government, 2011
19. A review of the potential to develop a network of Major Trauma Centres across Scotland is currently under way, and will provide recommendations, based on national planning, for the pathways and sites of such centres. The requirement to have co-located services (eg critical care, neurosurgery, cardio-thoracic surgery) will be a major determinant of the structure of some services
Email: Karen MacNee
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback