1. For further information on the recommendations of the technical group, see: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Health/TrendHealthOutcome
2. The first Long-Term Monitoring of Health Inequalities report, including Technical Advisory Group Membership, is available here: http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2008/09/25154901/0
3. NHS Health Scotland Policy Review, March 2014: http://www.healthscotland.com/documents/23047.aspx
4. Equally Well, 2008: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2008/06/25104032/0
5. Report of the Ministerial Task Force on Health Inequalities, March 2014: http://www.scotland.gov.uk7dd58da7-70ca-4fbe-a90b-f8d445276787
6. Further information on the change to the European Standard Population is available on the Office for National Statistics website: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/user-guidance/health-and-life-events/revised-european-standard-population-2013--2013-esp-/index.html
9. See http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/breast/incidence/uk-breast-cancer-incidence-statistics for more information.
10. See Annex 2 for full details on the way suicides were coded. Data in this report are defined consistently over time to aid interpretation of long-term trends.
11. See Sergeant JC, Firth D. Relative index of inequality: definition, estimation, and inference. Biostatistics 2006;7:213-24 for further details
14. See for further information: Centile charts for birthweight for gestational age for Scottish singleton births, Sandra Bonellie
Email: Craig Kellock
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback