Landlord registration: consultation on a review of applications and fees
The consultation invites views on proposals to ask landlords for additional information to demonstrate that they meet their legal responsibilities.
Annex B: Summary of current Prescribed Information for Application for Registration (Scottish Statutory Instrument 2005/558: Schedule 1)
1. The date of birth of the applicant.
2. Details of any licence, voluntary accreditation or registration held, refused or revoked in connection with letting houses in the UK by the applicant.
3. A declaration of –
(a) any convictions of the applicant relating to offences involving the matters listed in section 85(2)(a) or (aa) of the 2004 Act; and
(b) any convictions of the applicant relating to offences in connection with any matter relating to the provisions referred to in section 85(2)(c) of the 2004 Act and any finding of a court or tribunal that the applicant has contravened any of those provisions; and
(c) any antisocial behaviour order (or interim order) within the meaning of Part 2 of the 2004 Act, and any antisocial behaviour notice within the meaning of Part 7 of the 2004 Act, that relate to matters provided for by section 85(3) of the 2004 Act.
4. A declaration that the applicant complies with other legal requirements relating to his or her lettings.
5. The identity of any other joint owner in relation to any property declared by the applicant under section 83(1)(b) of the 2004 Act, and–
(a) whether that person is a member of the family of the applicant; and
(b) which one of the joint owners is to be designated as the lead owner for the purpose of registration.
6. Whether the applicant is registered as a charity and the relevant charity registration number.
7. Other names by which the applicant has been known.
8. Where the applicant has not been resident for 5 years or more at the address provided under section 83(1)(a) of the 2004 Act, all previous addresses of the applicant in the last 5 years.
9. Where the applicant is a company, the company registration number.
10. Any court or tribunal judgements against the applicant under–
(a) the Equal Pay Act 1970 (c. 41),
(b) the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (c. 65),
(c) the Race Relations Act 1976 (c. 74),
(d) the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (c. 50),
(e) the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003 (S.I. 2003/1661); or
(f) the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003 (S.I. 2003/1660).
11. The contact address in connection with day-to-day management of the property.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback