5. Related Policies, Initiatives and Standards
This Key Messages on Healthy Relationships and Consent resource links to numerous Scottish Government policies and initiatives that support our children and young people.
Related policies include;
- The National Action Plan on Internet Safety for Children and Young People
- Policy to eradicate Violence Against Women and Girls, including Equally Safe
- Respect for All: The National Approach to Anti-bullying for Scotland’s Children and Young People
- The National Action Plan to Prevent and Tackle Child Sexual Exploitation
- The Mental Health Strategy 2017 - 2027
- The National Youth Work Strategy
- The Pregnancy and Parenthood in Young People Strategy
- The Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework Update
Related initiatives include;
- Getting It Right for Every Child – supporting the wellbeing of children and young people https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/People/Young-People/gettingitright.
- The Scottish Attainment Challenge – recognising the importance of ensuring every child has the same opportunity to succeed.
- The Child Protection Improvement Programme – aiming to ensure that Scotland’s child protection system puts children’s wellbeing first and keeps them safe from abuse and neglect.
- The Expert Group on Preventing Sexual Offending involving Children and Young People – aiming to take a preventative approach to offending that involves children and young people.
- Curriculum for Excellence (for ages 3-18) – helping children and young people gain the knowledge, skills and attributes needed for life in the 21st century, including skills for learning, life and work. This includes Relationships, Sexual Health and Relationships (RSHP) education.
- Conduct of Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood Education in Schools.
- The review of PSE in schools which specifically addresses the issue of consent.
The development of a national RSHP resource.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback