Appendix B Event Profiles
As a way to encourage participation to the consultation and to provide an additional channel through which feedback to the consultation could be provided, three online engagement events were facilitated by the Scottish Government and was open to anyone who had an interest in the consultation.
In addition to the public events, specific engagement events were also offered to all of the main early learning and childcare and school aged childcare representative organisations, trade union bodies and the inspectorates. Organisations who participated in these specific events included:
- the Care Inspectorate (three events);
- His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education (HMIE);
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland (ADES) (this included representation from Convention of Scottish Local Authorities);
- Early Years Scotland (EYS);
- National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA);
- Scottish Out of School Care Network (SOSCN);
- AHDS trade union representing Head Teachers, Depute Head Teachers, and Principal Teachers from across ELC, primary and Additional Support Needs (ASN) schools in Scotland;
- A combined event offered to trade unions which was attended by representation from the Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS), The union for civil servants & public service professionals (FDA), the public and commercial services Union (PCS), the Association of Head teachers and Deputes in Scotland (AHDS), and UNISON.
It should be noted that feedback was not gathered at the NDNA or HMIE events, and so event data presented in this report is restricted to only the 11 events which resulted in feedback being provided during the session.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback