Independent review of Scotland's early learning and out of school care workforces
First consultation: questions:
- Skills, training and qualifications of the early learning and childcare workforce, including teachers, Childhood Practitioners and all other levels of the workforce
- Recruitment and retention in the workforce, to ensure the right people are attracted to working in the sector
- Career Pathways, including continual professional development pathways, to ensure that staff are encouraged to progress their careers within that sector
- Status of Early Learning and Childcare Workforce, in recognition that working with young children is vitally important work, and should be valued as such
- Workforce Planning, to identify the steps needed to grow the early learning and childcare workforce over the next decade, including consideration of the level of qualifications and training that should be aimed for, to enable a significant expansion of high quality provision in this timescale
- Status, skills, training and qualifications of the out of school care workforce.