2. This is the gap in employment rates between those with and those without disabilities or long term health issues. Based upon 2016 Annual Population Survey data, this is around 37 percentage points (42.8% - 80.2%).
3. Source: Scottish Government Public Sector Employment in
4. Annual Population Survey Jan-Dec 2016
5. Section 6 of the Equality Act 2010.
6. Source: Annual Population Survey (2016), ONS.
7. EHRC Advice and Guidance: Public Authorities in Scotland - Who is covered by the Specific Duties?
8. Any escalation in relation to non-compliance is a matter for the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The process is set out in sections 31 and 32 of the Equality Act 2006. Broadly, the Commission can issue a compliance notice, and can subsequently seek enforcement through the courts if necessary.