Homelessness in Scotland: update to 30 September 2019
This bulletin provides information on local authority homelessness applications, assessments and outcomes in the period from 1 April to 30 September 2019.
This document is part of a collection
2. Homelessness in Scotland: 2017/18, provides further background information on the reductions in homelessness applications over time, in the Applications section.
3. More information on the questionnaire for homelessness applications can be found in the output specification for the data, found at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/15257/OutputSpecification
4. For more information on the HL2 return, see notes on tables.
5. The use of particular types of temporary accommodation varies between local authorities, as shown by the local authority level figures provided in Table 15.
6. Note that these cases do not directly refer to the same 11,315 households who exited temporary accommodation in this period discussed in the previous section. This is because temporary accommodation placements that closed in April to September 2019 may be connected to households that have not yet exited temporary accommodation, while the households that exited temporary accommodation in this period may have had placements that closed prior to April 2019.
7. The City of Edinburgh Council have previously been unable to report ‘not offered’ places via their HL3 return due to technical issues. The City of Edinburgh Council have now provided backdated aggregate figures (ranging from 65 to 210 per quarter), and will continue to do so until their technical issues are resolved.
8. As a result of data quality concerns around the capture of all offers of temporary accommodation, all not accommodated cases from 1st April 2019 are being reviewed by Glasgow City. A data improvement plan is in place and the process for recording tenancy offers and tenancy refusals has been reviewed and training is now complete.
9. The legislation can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2012/9780111018170/contents
10. If before 31st December 2012.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback