1. The Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Order 2014 replaces the Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Order 2004. It can be found online at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2014/243/made. Further information about the Order, including the recent Homeless Persons Amendment Order 2017 can be found in the Summary of current legislation.
2. The number of breaches have been published according to the changes made by the Homelessness Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation Order) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2017 (implemented from 2nd October 2017). See Summary of current legislation for more details.
4. Homelessness in Scotland: 2017/18, provides further background information on the reductions in homelessness applications over time, in the Applications section.
5. More information on the questionnaire for homelessness applications can be found in the output specification for the data, found at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/15257/OutputSpecification
6. The legislation can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2012/9780111018170/contents
7. For more information on the HL2 return, see here.
8. Breaches as at 30th September 2018 are not directly comparable to that at the same date in previous years since they are defined by different time periods specified by the Amendment Order 2017. It is not possible to back-date with the renewed ‘over 7 day’ definition due to the nature of the HL2 recording and return from local authorities.
9. The use of particular types of temporary accommodation varies between local authorities, as shown by the local authority level figures provided in Table 15.
10. As a result of data quality concerns around the capture of all offers of temporary accommodation, all not accommodated cases from 1st April 2018 are being reviewed by Glasgow City. It is anticipated that this will result in a reduction in the reported number for Q1 and Q2 2018/19 when revised data is submitted. The process for recording tenancy offers has also been reviewed and training is being undertaken.
11. If before 31st December 2012.
Email: Lee Bunce