Heat in Buildings delivery report: 2019-2020
Seventh annual summary report of the HIBs (formerly HEEPS) programme which includes the outcomes achieved from the 2019-2020 programme and an overview of cumulative progress since 2013.
4. Advice and Support
Home Energy Scotland (HES), is funded by the Scottish Government to provide householders with free and impartial energy efficiency advice about schemes they may be eligible for. HES acts as the gateway to all Scottish Government funded energy efficiency schemes, including referrals to our Warmer Homes Scotland service.
HES can provide tailored advice for an individual’s own home including:
- a free benefits check for every caller to ensure householders are receiving all the help and support they are entitled to;
- a community liaison service to join up with other service providers to reach the most vulnerable people in the community;
- assistance for householders who wish to make a complaint about Scottish or UK Government energy efficiency schemes;
- an online referral portal to enable a seamless handover from external stakeholders to HES, allowing stakeholders to track progress with the referral and the outcome for the customer.
- Home Energy Scotland also offers an impartial supplier-switching support service delivered through a partnership with the social enterprise Citrus Energy. Citrus Energy identifies the best energy supply deal for the customer from the widest range of energy suppliers and completely manages the switching process from start to finish.
|Households in contact with HES who are vulnerable to fuel poverty||38,738|
|Take up of offers of help:
|Energy saving advice (households)||28,066|
|Income maximisation referral (people)||221|
|Energy cost reduction referrals (WHD)||1,044|
|Benefit Calculator Signposting||306|
|Energy supplier switching referrals (Citrus)||402|
|Area Based Schemes referrals (households)||2,985|
|Other obligated supplier scheme referrals including HHCRO||474|
|Warmer Homes Scotland referrals (households)||5,455|
|WHS referrals reinstated by EST on appeal||178|
|Households signposted to other sources of support||1,607|
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback