2. Outputs from the Survey
This section provides more details of the range of outputs from the Health and Care Experience Survey 2017/18.
As described above, in addition to the national report, there are local results for NHS Boards, Health and Social Care Partnerships/Local Authorities, GP Clusters and GP Practices which are available via an interactive dashboard at www.isdscotland.org/Products-and-Services/Consultancy/Surveys/Health-and-Care-Experience-2017-18/.
The dashboard will consist of five components:
- Summary of Results: A high level summary of results, including the overall survey response rate. Per cent positive scores for these questions are based on those responding ‘Excellent’ or ‘Good’. Users are able to select and compare two areas across all levels.
If Scotland, Health Board or Health & Social Care Partnership level is selected, the results are displayed for those questions which align to the Health and Social Care Indicators.
If GP practice or GP cluster levels are selected, the results are displayed for five overarching questions relating to GP practice care.
- Detailed Experience Ratings: Results for the per cent positive style questions in the survey (as listed in Annex A), shown as the percentage of people who answered each question. Bar charts showing the positive / neutral / negative split are also provided. Additional charts show the per cent positive rating over time (since 2013/14) where appropriate.
Users are able to select and compare two areas across all levels. They can also choose the questions they wish to display by selecting from a dropdown menu.
- Most Positive and Negative Experience Ratings: The most positively and negatively rated questions, up to a maximum of ten. Users can switch between most positive and negative; choose how many questions to view; and are able to select and compare two areas across all levels.
- Other Experience Questions: Percentage breakdowns for non-per cent positive style questions, i.e. where the categories of response cannot be put on a positive-negative scale. This includes demographic information. Users can choose questions to be displayed from a dropdown menu and are able to select and compare two areas across all levels.
- Variation in Positive Experience Ratings: Charts showing per cent positive results in relation to a range of per cent positive results. For GP practices, the range will be that of all GP practices within the relevant Health and Social Care Partnership. For all other levels, the range will be that of all areas within that level, i.e. if a Health Board is selected the range would be that of all Health Boards. The national figure will be indicated on all charts.
Users will be able to choose the questions they wish to display and select areas within NHS Boards, Health & Social Care Partnerships and GP clusters.
More detailed explanatory notes on how to navigate and interpret the dashboards are available on the website text accompanying the dashboards. The dashboard will be reviewed and updates made based on user feedback.
Spreadsheets showing more detailed results are available on the Scottish Government website at: www.gov.scot/GPsurvey.