GIRFEC (Getting it right for every child) is based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). This is a global agreement to protect children.
GIRFEC is the Scottish Government's promise to give all children, young people and families the right support at the right time.
This guidance on Assessment of Wellbeing is for workers and services who work with children, young people and families. The guidance should help workers to understand more about wellbeing.
Wellbeing is how a child or young person is doing at a point in time and whether they need any support.
GIRFEC is based on evidence. It is based on rights. However we need to do more to protect the rights of children and young people in Scotland.
GIRFEC has key principles:
- The child, young person and family are at the centre of all work and decisions that affect them
- Work together with families
- Understand that wellbeing is about all areas of life including family
- Value difference and treat everyone fairly
- Tackle inequality
- Give support to children, young people and families when they need it
- Everyone works together locally and across Scotland to make things better for children, young people and families
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback