1. More information on the Consultation, including the responses and an analysis of the responses is available at: https://consult.gov.scot/children-and-families/service-model-for-2020/.
2. Based on Figure 1 on page 28 ofCosts of Early Learning and Childcare Provision in Partner Provider Settings Technical Report (2016)
3. Figure adds to more than 100% due to rounding
4. "P85.100: Pre-Primary Education in the UK", February 2018 – available from www.ibisworld.co.uk
5. In previous documents, this document is named as the 'Transition Options' guidance, specifically under Criteria 8: Fair Work Practices, including Payment of the real Living Wage of the National Standard for ELC Providers.
6. For example, best practice in other areas such as CIPFA Working with care providers to understand costs: A guide for adult social care commissioners.