Payment to Republic of Media by Community Pharmacy Scotland: FOI release
- Part of
- Health and social care, Money and tax, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
1. How much Republic of Media has received in the last 5 years from Community Pharmacy Scotland to distribute posters to pharmacies?
2. How much each pharmacy receives to place these posters in their premises or how much the total payment is to all the pharmacies for placing these posters in their premises?
Community Pharmacy Scotland is an organisation which represents community pharmacy owners and has no responsibility for the placement or payment of advertising across pharmacy posters in Scotland. However, based on accompanying content to your request, we are providing the following information based on the assumption that by referring to Community Pharmacy Scotland you are meaning the organisation who hold the contractual responsibility for the placement of advertising on pharmacy poster sites in Scotland. This responsibility is currently held by the Scottish Government.
1. Republic of Media was appointed to undertake media buying services for the Scottish Government health portfolio on 9 January 2020. Until 28 February 2021 this included the distribution of posters to pharmacies. Between those dates the Scottish Government has paid £94,947+VAT for distribution of posters and leaflets to pharmacies by Republic of Media. Since 1 March 2021, the distribution of posters and leaflets to pharmacies has been undertaken via APS under the Scottish Government's Publishing, Print and Design Framework which covers fulfilment and distribution services.
2. All payments made to community pharmacy contractors are set out in the appropriate NHS Circular. These circulars are available at https://www.publications.scot.nhs.uk/. Prior to 2013 each community pharmacy contractor received a PHS monthly core payment of £250 – see reference PCAP(P) Circular https://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/pca/PCA2012(P)08.pdf - this payment committed community pharmacy contractors to display all NHS Scotland Public Health posters on their premises for ongoing campaigns. From 2013 all specific payments ceased and funding was repurposed to form part of newly introduced Establishment Payment and Dispensing Payment as part of the revised funding arrangements for NHS community pharmaceutical care services, removing any specific funding for the displaying of PHS posters – see reference PCA(P) circular https://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/pca/PCA2013(P)26.pdf .
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback