We are making a request under the above Act relating to information which you hold about the following independent school; Merton Hall School, Monken Hadley School, Abercree House School and Lamachan School ( all also becoming subsequently know as Woodland School). Relative to each school, please provide the following information:
1. The names of the managers responsible for the running of each school over the time period it was in operation.
2. All inspection reports held relative to each school for the period it was in operation.
3. Details of employee and public liability insurers for each school during its period of operation.
4. Any documents held relating to complaints from pupils, staff, parent or any other person relative to each school.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance Education Scotland does not hold some of the information you have requested. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that Education Scotland does not have the information you have requested.
Please find attached at Annex A and B, all the information which we hold related to your request.
1. We have provided correspondence with Woodlands School addressed to Mr R. Aldworth, Director, Woodlands School, Crosbie Road, Newton Stewart, DG88 6JB.
2. We are sharing the inspection report we hold for Woodlands School, published on 29 April 2003. You may wish to contact National Records of Scotland as they hold a number of historical inspection reports.
3. We hold no information.
4. We hold no information.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance Education Scotland does not hold information on the following independent schools; Merton Hall School, Monken Hadley School, Abercree House School and Lamachan School as detailed in your Freedom of Information request. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that Education Scotland does not have the information you have requested.
You may also wish to contact the Scottish Government and the Registrar of Independent Schools who may be able to provide you with further information. The office of the Registrar can be contacted by email: Independentschools@educationscotland.gov.scot.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI202100229945 - Annex A
- File type
- 14 page PDF
- File size
- 210.1 kB
FOI202100229945 - Annex B
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 181.2 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback