Scottish Government communications and services: FOI release
- Digital Directorate
- Part of
- Money and tax, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Telephony and UC/ Collaboration
1. Please confirm the manufacturer of your telephony system(s) that are currently in place.
2. When was the installation date of your telephony equipment
3. When is your contract renewal date?
4. Who maintains your telephony system(s)?
5. Please confirm the value of the initial project.
6. Please confirm the total ongoing annual spend on telephony
7. Please confirm the annual support cost for your telephony system
8. Do you use Unified Communications or Collaboration tools , if so which ones?
9. Contact Centre Please confirm the manufacturer of your contact centre system(s) that are currently in place?
10.When was the installation date of your contact centre infrastructure?
11. When is your contract renewal date?
12. Who maintains your contact centre system(s)
13. Please confirm value of the initial project?
14. Please confirm the value of annual support/maintenance services (in £)?
15. And overall annual spend for the contact centre.
16. How many contact centre agents do you have?
17. Do agents work from home? Or just your offices?
18. Do you use a CRM in the contact centre?
19. What platform is used?
20. Do you use a knowledge base / knowledge management platform?
21. What platform is used?
Connectivity and Network Services
22. Who provides your WAN and internet connectivity and the annual spend on each?
23. Have you, or do you plan to deploy SD Wan services?
24. Have you got SIP trunks, if so who from and confirm annual spend?
25. Please confirm who provides your LAN, WIFI and Security infrastructure.
26. Please confirm your annual spend on each.
27. Please confirm your data centre switching and security infrastructure and have you deployed cloud based security and threat management.
28. How many employees do you have overall within your organisation?
29. Can you provide contact details for your procurement lead / category manager for these services?
30. Can you provide names and contact details for the following people within your organisation?
- CIO / IT Director
- Head of IT
- Head of Digital Transformation
- Head of Customer services
2. October 2013
3. 31 March 2022
4. Capita / Daisy
5. £1.2 million
6. The total ongoing spend is £272,616.82 including VAT. This includes Software Assurance and Support for our Mitel platform.
7. The annual support cost is £100,200.83 including VAT.
8. We primarily use Microsoft Teams with a small number of MiCollab clients.
10. April 2014
11. 31 March 2022
12. Capita / Daisy
13. See answer to Q5
14. See answer to Q7
15. See answer to Q6. Contact Centre is included in this cost.
16. We are licenced for 516 users.
17. Home and office.
20. For knowledge and information management purposes we use a product called Objective – which is and electronic records and document management system.
21. Objective runs on an Oracle platform accessible through Microsoft Windows.
22. We have four providers procured for WAN/Internet:
- SWAN £1,776,000
- Virgin Media £24,000
- Vodafone £408,000
- CommsWorld £40,000
24. Yes, provided by GAMMA and the annual spend is approximately £250,000 including VAT.
25. Refer to Scottish Government Local Area Network (LAN) environment: FOI release - gov.scot (www.gov.scot). Security info withheld.
26. As Q25
27. As Q25
28. Approx. 9,100
29. [redacted] – [redacted]@gov.scot
30. Contacts are as follows:
- CIO / IT Director – [redcated] (CIO) [redacted]
- Head of IT – As CIO above
- Head of Digital Transformation – Colin Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Customer services – there is no single head of customer services within Scottish Government – citizens can consume services from a range of bodies and agencies.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback