COVID-19 mental health in Scotland: FOI release
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
(1) What modelling has been done to assess the impact of COVID-19 on mental health of both adults and children in Scotland? Can you share the results?
(2) What data can you share on the rise of mental health referrals on a monthly basis from January 2020-February 2021?
(1) Some of the information you have requested (relating to the mental health of adults) is available from the Scottish Government’s website:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): mental health tracker study - wave 2 report - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Scottish COVID-19 (SCOVID) Mental Health Tracker Study: Wave 1 Report (www.gov.scot)
Some of the information you have requested (relating to the mental health of children) is also available from the Scottish Government website. This includes links to published impact assessments on the impact of Covid-19 on children and young people’s rights, specifically around the issue of schools being closed.
Please see links to each stage of this development below:
- School reopening arrangements for January 2021: impact assessment - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): impact of school building closures - equity audit - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): closure and reopening of schools version 2 - impact assessment -gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): closure and re-opening of schools - children's rights and wellbeing impact assessment - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): closure and re-opening of schools - impact assessment - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you.
(2) While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information. The reason why we don’t have the information is explained in the Annex A to this letter.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 106.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback