- 12 Nov 2020
Date received: 4 Sep 2020
Date responded: 24 Sep 2020
On the closure in 2016 of Inverleith House at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh:
1. Details and names of all internal and external parties consulted by Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh regarding the proposed closure in 2016 of Inverleith House at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh as a year-round contemporary art space.
The proposed closure of Inverleith House as a year-round contemporary artspace was highlighted in RBGE”s statement on 18/10/2016 that ‘…Inverleith House will no longer be dedicated to the display of contemporary art, and is looking at options for the alternative use of the building….’
This should include all internal and external communications from 2014 onwards regarding proposals for Inverleith House, including those between RBGE”s board of trustees and senior management, including the Regius Keeper, and all officials and politicians from relevant Scottish Government departments.
2. All details regarding outgoing RBGE staff from 2014 onwards who signed Non-Disclosure Agreements on their departure from their posts at RBGE, as sanctioned by the Scottish Government.
This should include names of those who signed NDAs, amounts of public money paid out to those leaving their posts at RBGE and reasons why RBGE took such actions. This should include all internal and external communications regarding outgoing RBGE staff members signing NDAs from 2014 onwards.
These should include all communications from 2014 onwards involving RBGE’s board of trustees and senior management, including RBGE’s Regius Keeper, and all officials and ministers from all relevant Scottish Government departments.
I enclose a copy of some of the information you requested.
- Email 18 Oct 2016 - Inverleith House Gallery
- Email 16 Nov 2016 - Copy of redacted report
- A Future for Inverleith House -Final
- Email 17 Nov 2016 - Preface to FOI release of Kelly and Co report
- Kelly Report Preface Final
- Email 17 Nov 2016 - Inverleith House - Kelly Report - Publication
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested in respect of question 1 because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information. The reasons what that exemption applies are explained in the Annex to this letter.
With regards to question 2, the Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for. However, you may wish to contact Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, 20A Inverleith Row, Edinburgh EH3 5LR who may be able to help you. The reasons why we don't have the information are explained in the Annex to this letter.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House