1. Please provide a list of websites you use to advertise for low amount tenders and RFQs which are below OJEU level.
2. What framework lists do you use for direct award contracts?
3. What procedures do you have in place to avoid collusion in the award of low level tenders and RFQs?
Please see below the a response to all the information you requested in the same order as your questions.
1. We advertise all our contract opportunities on Public Contracts Scotland www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk.
2. Details of all our framework contracts are available on the Scottish Government website www.gov.scot/publications/frameworks-and-contracts. The SG will utilise these frameworks, including for direct awards if relevant, when they offer the most appropriate route to market for the requirement involved. SG may also use the UK Government’s Crown Commercial Services (CCS) frameworks where appropriate www.crowncommercial.gov.uk/agreements. CCS is an executive agency of the UK Government. It is responsible for managing the procurement of common goods and services, increasing savings for the taxpayer by centralising buying requirements, and leading on procurement policy on behalf of the government.
3. Award procedures must be documented to provide evidence of how the final decision was reached. Within the Scottish Government there are segregation of duties procedures over who can make procurement decisions and who can process order requests so that one person cannot process a complete transaction without oversight. Segregations include Delegated Purchasing Officers with authority limits who must adhere to Scottish Public Finance Manual. Award details are published on a contract register on Public Contracts Scotland for transparency.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback