Online, digital and radio advertising spend: FOI release
- Part of
- Money and tax, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1) The amount that the Scottish Government has spent on
-Local radio advertising* in each of the last five financial years.
2) how much was spent on local radio advertising during the 6 weeks leading up to the GeneralElection on 1212.19.*
3) A list of the 10 largest recipients of Scottish Government advertising spend.**
*Upon clarification of the term "local radio" you stated you would like all radio spend.
** Also upon clarification regarding whether you meant the media owners that receive the largest amounts of our spend through our media agencies, or the agencies that receive the largest amount of our spend; you requested the top 5 of each.
The answer to your question is:
|Channel||1st Apr 15 - 31st Mar 16||1st Apr 16 - 31st Mar 17||1st Apr 17 - 31st Mar 18||1st Apr 18 - 31st Mar 19||1st Apr 19 to 29th Feb 20||Total|
|Paid Search (PPC)||£77,466||£62,993||£46,530||£105,397||£109,213||£401,599|
|Digital Audio (DAX & Spotify)||£0||£5,950||£2,543||£82,187||£191,317||£281,997|
|Adserving and Reporting||£35,948||£14,858||£13,960||£25,166||£26,174||£116,106|
2) To clarify, the Scottish Government's spend on Radio advertising would have been unrelated to the General Election as no new announcements are made during a pre-election period in order to avoid influencing party politics.
Radio spend from 1st November to 12th December was £160,934.
|Top 5 Media Owners||Spend from 1st April 15 to 29th Feb 20|
|Top 5 Agencies||Spend from 1st April 15 to 29th Feb 20|
|Republic of Media||£4,487,024.13|
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback