5. Scottish Government, 2021: Labour Market Statistics for young people (16-24 years): April 2020 to March 2021.
6. Skills Development Scotland, 2021: COVID-19 Labour Market Insights, July 2021.
17. Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation 2020 quintiles. See Scottish Government, Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation 2020
18. Accessible Rural and Remote Rural Areas, see Scottish Government, Overview - Scottish Government Urban Rural Classification 2016
20. It should be noted that application processing times may have included time spent waiting for applicants to provide supporting evidence for their claim (supporting evidence can be provided after the initial JSP application form is submitted).
21. The Kickstart Scheme provided funding to employers to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit. It was an initiative by UK Government with applications opening 2 September 2021 and closing 17 December 2021 Kickstart Scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
23. The JSP Official Statistics publication explains that some 16 and 17 year olds can be in receipt of a qualifying benefit if they: (a) are caring for a severely disabled person or (b) have child responsibility and are the main carer of a child or (c) are no longer in touch with their parents, or (d) are limited in their ability to work.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback